Meeting at Electronics and Software Council of Indian Government with Bulgarian Ambassodor to India 20th March 2017
Minutes of the meeting held on 20th March, 2017 at 16:00 hours at ESC Bhawan, Phase-3, Okhla, New Delhi, amongst Bulgarian Delegates and ESC Delegates, arranged with the sole efforts of Balkan India Business Association, India Chapter, New Delhi
|Embassy of Bulgaria||Excellency Petko Doykov|
|The Ambassador of The Republic of Bulgaria|
|Mr Illia Dekov|
|The Counsellor, Trade and Commerce|
|Electonics and Software Council of||The President, ESC|
|Government of India||The Vice President, ESC|
|Mr DK Sareen, Executive Director|
|Mr Gurmeet Singh, Deputy Director|
|Mr Vikas Gupta, Deputy Director|
|And registered Members of ESC|
|BIBA India Chapter||Mr Jag Saini, Executive Director|
Mr Sareen welcomed Excellency, the Ambassador and The Counsellor, Trade and Commerce of the Republic of Bulgarian and introduced Chairman and Vice Chairman of ECS. He also introduced various members of the industry who were specially invited by ESC for an interaction meeting with Excellency Bulgarian Ambassador on the request of Balkan India Business Association, India.
Excellency, the Ambassador of Bulgaria, apprised of Bulgarian socio-economic, demographic reality and solicited Indian investment in well established IT Sector of Bulgaria. He also brought up the superior technical credentials, technological advancement and expertise of his country in the field of electronic and information technology and tendered joint partnership between Indian and Bulgarian Industries through the vehicle of investment and technology transfer. Furthermore, Defence technologies with special mention to complex military hard ware were also discussed and it was suggested that it could be an area of future cooperation between both countries.
Chairman of ESC proposed to form a Joint Working Group (JWG) on e-Services and Skill development in IT. BIBA will take up this suggestion for future discussions with Indian and Bulgaria government.
Introduction of BIBA
Mr Jag Saini , Executive Director, Balkan India Business Association (BIBA), Indian Chapter, introduced BIBA to the esteemed members of ESC and offered logistical support for Indian industry in Bulgaria, in short.
Question and Answers amongst Bulgarian delegation and ESC members.
- Ms Abhishree Bani from Samtel Avionics asked Excellency the Ambassador of Bulgaria for possibility in defence electronics.
- Ms Sonia Narula from Aptech inquired regarding status of computer education and English learning in higher education with focus on vocational studies in Bulgaria and scope of business.
- Mr B.S Sethia, Vice President, ESC, shown interest in participation in WeBIT being held in Sofia in the month of April for the purpose of interacting and understanding with Bulgarian industry and its exhibitors.
- Mr Rajoo Goel from ELCINA proposed to create joint venture in the field of electronics hardware between end manufacturers of both countries for manufacturing and technology transfer.
- A query regarding vehicle tracking system was also popped up among participating ECS delegate.
At the end, the meeting concluded with a resolve that Mr Sareen, Executive Director, will lead a delegation of Indian Information Technology industry-comprising of six to seven delegates, to participate in the upcoming mega Information Technology event, which is being held at Sofia in the month of April, 2017.
Vote of Thanks
Mr Sareen extended vote of thanks to his Excellency, Counsellor of Trade and Commerce, President, ESC, Vice President, ESC and esteemed registered Members of ESC.
Balkan India Business Association